Saturday, May 06, 2006

On the table


On the table
Originally uploaded by pradeep jeganathan.
Gallery Cafe, Colombo, waiting for lunch.

I took this photograph, on an assignment for a magazine. I thought this was the best one of the lot, but they didn't pick it -- perhaps because they were after the food shots :)

A few months, after I posted it here, Manshark, who is a very readable blogger, who also meta-bloggs on Kottu, wrote a carefully detailed and very sensitive reading of this photograph.

I really liked it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you get the background black? Did you shoot wide open? I have trouble getting low light pictures sharp like this without a tripod..

Pradeep Jeganathan said...

there was a beam of light, right on that spot. At 800 iso, my shutter speed was 1/160 -- check the EXIF data on the flickr image, for more.
The blackground is also an effect of the spot light, since it makes all else comparatively dark.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...