Sunday, July 01, 2007

Mango Panna Cotta & Liquor.

Mango Panna Cotta (iib)
This is really similar to the Pineapple Coconut Panna Cotta I did a couple of weeks ago; except I used cream (Kotmale), instead of thick coconut milk, so it is more traditional as it were.
The mango substituted for pineapple, and I reduced it in white wine, pureed one half, adding cream and dissolved gelatin to this half, and a little vodka and sugar to the other half.
That’s what I call the liquor, and this goes in the bottom of the shot glass, with some small, dainty pieces of mango, from the reduction. If you don't have little pieces sticking up a tiny bit out of the surface of the liquor, you will have trouble keeping the two layers separate.
That's physics.
You can add a few more bits of mango, if you like – and then pour the creamed puree over it. Let it sit over night in the fridge, and then garnish with more slivers of mango.

Mango Panna Cotta (i)


Eat it when its cool, and savor the creamy mango layer, before swooping down with a eager spoon into the sweet, thick, mango-vodka nectar down bellow.
If only I had a longer tongue...!

And an update: Published in Zero77, Oct., 2007.

Zero77 Column

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're on Elibank now? If the food is this good, I'll be around all the time. The new place is a short walk away.

Anonymous said...

Do you mean kotmale fresh cream?

Pradeep Jeganathan said...

yes, I think what I used here. I rarely use it though any more. it is too unreliable. I stick to anchor culinary now (that's different from whipping) -- but there a mahaweli cream that's better than kotmale that i've tried. I have not tried Jeevanjee, because you have to go there to get it, but I should :)

Anonymous said...

Why is Kotmale fresh cream unreliable and what is jeevanjee?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...